Red Braid Alliance For Decolonial Socialism Launch Party
February 1, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday February 1, 6:00pm
10679 King George Blvd, Surrey
7 minute walk from Gateway Skytrain Station
Please invite your friends! Find the event on Facebook.
On February 1st, Alliance Against Displacement is relaunching under a new name, with a new basis of unity, and a broader mandate as: Red Braid Alliance for Decolonial Socialism!
Over six years ago, a small group of activists in the Downtown Eastside formed the Social Housing Alliance. In 2015, we shifted our basis of unity from pro-social housing to anti-displacement, and changed our name to Alliance Against Displacement. In 2020, we are recreating ourselves once again.
Join us for an evening of brief presentations by Red Braid members about our new political agreements, vision, and strategy, plus poetry by Cecily Nicholson and Destiny Morris, music, food and drinks, and more!
In the lead-up to the Red Braid launch party, we will be releasing our new basis of unity and strategy documents, website, and protocols for becoming a supporting member or member of Red Braid, as well as a pledge drive to solicit donations to support our ambitious, province wide organizing and building of an international network of revolutionary anti-colonial, anti-capitalist, and anti-imperialist groups and communities.
We are launching Red Braid with the goal of building a decolonial socialism through the practice of revolutionary struggle. Join us to learn about, become part of, and build the power of people in struggle throughout our communities!
- Free parking outside the venue
- Onsite childcare available
- We are in the process of securing ASL interpretation
- The entrance is at grade and the front door is 31″ wide
- The bathroom is a single stall, with a railing; sink height is 33”
- We apologize that the bathroom does not have the clearance needed for a scooter or wheelchair
- ASL interpretation available – please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 29 to confirm need
This event is taking place on the unceded territories of the Kwantlen, Katzie, Kwikwetlem, and Qayqayt nations.